The U.S. Wildlife Trafficking Alliance seeks a part-time intern to provide operations support and assist in administrative duties. The U.S. Wildlife Trafficking Alliance is a coalition of nonprofits, companies, foundations and media organizations that have pledged to work with the U.S. government to raise public awareness and change corporate and consumer behavior that contributes to wildlife trafficking.
Hours: 20 hours per week
- Assist in management of digital and social media accounts;
- Assist in writing monthly newsletters and other correspondence to members, as requested;
- Manage Alliance databases and maintain other documents, as needed;
- Research and track various wildlife news, projects, and reports;
- Assist with event planning logistics;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate students preferred; highly qualified undergraduates will be considered;
- Strong interest in wildlife issues;
- Previous experience using WordPress and MailChimp preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both collaboratively and independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills crucial for developing external working relationships;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Location: Washington, DC
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Sara Walker (email@example.com) by Friday, February 3.